350.org is an environmental movement that has its roots in the United States. It works on getting the public all over the world to act positively towards growing concerns about climate change.
To preserve our planet, scientists tell us we must reduce the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere from its current level of 392 parts per million (ppm) to below 350 ppm. But 350 is more than just a number — it’s a symbol of where we need to head as a planet.
Every year, 350.org holds events simultaneously worldwide with a united theme to create awareness and to help people take the first steps towards an environmentally sustainable lifestyle. This year, that day will be September 24.
So where does Dubai come in? Simple. On Saturday, 24 September, we’ll meet at the Mall of Emirates Metro Station (you know those little alien pods on the side of SZR? Yeah, those) at 1pm and leave on the metro at 2pm SHARP down the red line to Rashidiya. From there we’ll take a public bus to Mirdif City Center to take part in a walkathon and human mural. Fun. Fun. Fun. Fun.
We’re using public transport because the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) serves the community with an eco friendly, sustainable option to travelling around town. Our final stop is Mirdif City Centre which is a green mall with a LEED certification!
There’ll be loads of great company on the ride, so make sure you’re on time.
—–SIGNUP HERE: www.moving-planet.org/dubai
Here’s the plan of action
– 1:00 pm | Meet at the Mall of Emirates Metro Station
– 2:00 pm | Leave to Rashidiya’s Metro Station (Red Line)
– 3:00 pm | Take the shuttle buses from Rashidia Metro Station to Mirdif City Center
– 3:30 pm | Gather at the Central Galleria for registration
– 4:30 pm | Walkathon begins
– 5:30 pm | Walkathon ends
– 6:00 pm | Start creating the human mural (Check out what happened last year http://bit.ly/qldu5j)
– 6:30 pm | Wrap up
Facebook Event Page: Moving Planet | 350.org | Dubai http://on.fb.me/o9ovll
Who organized this event?
– RTA | Sponsor
– Mirdif City Center | Sponsor
– 350.org | UAE | Organizer
– 350 Arab World | Organizer
– Voice4Charity | Organizer
– Flea4Charity | Organizer
– Hadayaz | Organizer